- An honor graduate of the University of Michigan School of Music.
- Received a Masters Degreein Counseling at Texas A & M
- Director and founder of the Suzuki School of Houston.
- Registered Teacher-Trainer with the Suzuki Association of the Americas.
- Taught elementary, middle, and high school orchestra programs.
- Taught Suzuki/Orchestra programs for the Houston Independent School District for fifteen years.
- Introduced the Suzuki Method to public middle schools in Houston.
- Taught Suzuki Violin and Viola for Sheldon ISD for 7 years
- Studied in Matsumoto, Japan in 1979 and in 1984 and assisted on a tour in Japan and China.
- Introduced the Suzuki method in China.
- Taught at:
- The 16th Suzuki Method World Conference in Japan in March of 2013.
- The International Suzuki Conference in Edmonton, Cananda.
- The 9th Suzuki Teacher Conference in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- The National Teachers' Conference in Chicago, Illinois.
- The Pan-Pacific Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
- Workshops and institutes in Texas, Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, New Hampshire, New York, Colorado,
North Carolina, Connecticut, Kansas, Missouri, Vermont, Michigan, Florida, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Utah and Hawaii.
- Participated at the 14th Suzuki Method World Conference in Italy in April of 2006.
- Participated at the 13th Suzuki Method World Conference in Japan in March of 1999